Featured Image Credit: Zerogeorge.com
For the sixth year in a row, Charleston was voted the best city in the United States by Travel & Leisure. As the best city, whether you are a local or a tourist, a weekend stay in this charming city will be worth your while. The only thing is: Where should you stay? Charleston is home to many hotels and bed and breakfast locations, so here are a few favorite places to stay in the Holy City:
- Zero George Street: 0 George Street, Charleston SC 29401 $399/night*
- Zero George is home to sixteen beautiful guest rooms and studios in three restored historic residences as well as two brick carriage houses that surround the private garden. Exhibiting a sense of intimacy and warmth, while honoring the buildings historic structure and architecture. At Zero George, you’ll be submerged in the beauty of Charleston’s most loved contemporary art and decoration. Included in your stay is daily European breakfast, bicycles, evening wine and cheese, and 24 hour coffee service.
2. Belmond Charleston Place: 205 Meeting Street, Charleston SC 29401 $369/night*
Home being the heart of downtown Charleston’s historic district, within walking distance of the major attractions, Belmond Charleston Place is the perfect place to stay during your adventure in the city. With 434 rooms and suites, a Spa, and fitness center, you will never feel like you have nothing to do. Stay a night or two, or maybe a few, to experience the gentile charm of the beauty Holy City.
3. Harbourview Inn: 2 Vendue Range, Charleston SC 29401 $299/night*
Harbourview Inn is the prime location to escape Charleston’s busy streets and relax in a waterfront oasis. Experience Charleston’s intimate side at this location by gathering with your closest friends for evening wine and cheese or relaxing at the private, rooftop terrace. Thanks to the exceptional experience and amenities, your stay will make you feel as if you have lived there forever. Enjoy your stay with complimentary wi-fi, a mini fridge, Tempur-Pedic mattresses, and complimentary breakfast.
4. Planters Inn: 112 North Market Street, Charleston SC 29401 $279/night*
Overlooking the historic Charleston City Market, home to the best cultural attractions, shopping, and dining, Planters Inn luxury boutique hotel has the best location in downtown Charleston. With 64 private rooms, this hotel combines elegant style with contemporary pieces.As the only hotel furnished with decor from Baker’s Historic Charleston Collection, which includes a four-poster bed in every room. Each day will begin with a coffee service in the parlor, mid-morning will bring orange and mango tea. Planters Inn is known for its extraordinary service. It embodies charm, courtesy, character, cuisine, and calmness.
5. The Vendue Hotel: 19 Vendue Range, Charleston SC 29401 $229/night*
The Vendue is a combination of two hotels, 19 Vendue Range and 26 Vendue Range, located in walking distance of each other. Of their 84 rooms, no two will look alike due to the historic nature of the building. Each room is decorated with different period reproductions furniture and antiques. In 2014, The Vendue was reborn to create Charleston’s only hotel dedicated to the arts, with over 300 pieces of original art. Your stay will include: complimentary coffee and daily breakfast, a lobby lounge serving cocktails and wine, The Rooftop bar, and a working art studio.
6. The Elliott House Inn: 78 Queen Street, Charleston SC 29401 $199/night*
A hidden treasure of Charleston, The Elliott House Inn is a hotel that encaptures the intimacy of a bed and breakfast. This historic 26 room location is located in close range of Charleston’s famous shopping, exploring, and dining. Thanks to the complementary experiences like daily breakfast, evening wine and cheese, and historical tours, you may never want to leave. Decorated with original hardwood floors and custom shutters, the space balances charm and sophistication with ease. Your stay will include: bicycles, room service from 82 Queen, and valet laundry service.
*Price may vary